There are several special activities that, for a little extra money, can be a lot of fun for kids. I will sort them by location:
The Magic Kingdom:
- Magic Kingdom Family Magic Tour - two hour guided tour for the whole family. You go around the park learning interesting information about the park, and at the end meet several characters. Sometimes there is a plot, and it usually involves a lot of silly behavior around the park like skipping, running, hopping, etc. Tours start at 10 am, and cost $27/person.
- Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains - three hour tour for kids age 10 and older, participating in the the steam locomotive train preparations. Takes place Mon., Thurs., and Sat., at 7:30am, and is $40/person. (call 407-WDW-TOUR to reserve a spot)
- Disney's Pirate and Princess Party - this is a special-ticket party which is very popular. There are fireworks and parades, searches for candy and beads, dress-up, and much more. It runs from mid-January to mid-March, and mid-August to early September. Cost is $42/adult and $35 for ages 3 to 9. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Grand Adventure in Cooking - kids cook with treats and decorate a chef's outfit. Takes place Tues. - Fri., 10-11:45am. Ages 4 to 10 admitted, and cost is $30/child. (Call 407-WDW-DINE to reserve up to 120 days in advance)
- Wonderland Tea Party - kids arrange flowers, have lunch and tea, make and eat cupcakes, visit with Alice, and more. Mon. - Fri. afternoons, ages 4 to 10, $29/child (407-WDW-DINE)
- My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party - dress up and tea party with Disney princesses, and lots of princess goodies and trinkets including a scrap book, tiara, and much more. Sun., Mon., Wed. - Fri., 10:30-noon, $225 for one adult & child (3 to 11), additional aduls $75 & additional children $150/ea. Lunch is provided.
- Let the Kids Play Pirate - children dress up as pirates and cruise around on the bay and Seven Seas Lagoon. They follow a treasure map and gather clues, and at the end find their treasure of goodies. Takes two houws, and runs Mon., Wed., Thurs., and Sat., 9:30-11:30am, $30/child. (407-WDW-DINE)
- Junior Fishing Excursions - children (6 to 12) fish for one hour. Snacks and fishing equipment provided, with no parents allowed. Daily from 9am to 5pm, $30/child. (407-WDW-PLAY for reservations)