As the last in our short series of Disney Dining tips I thought I would include some tips on how to save money on food during your Disney vacation. You can mix and match these as much as you feel comfortable. If you can afford to do so, I think the food at Disneyland and Disney World is great, but don't let that expense be what stops you from going.
So, here are some tips:
- Fill fanny packs with snacks: technically both Disneyland and Disney World do not allow outside food in their parks, but they rarely enforce this rule, even when they search your bags. So, give your kids (and yourselves if you must) fanny packs with snacks such as crackers, raisins, candy, whatever, and snack a little as you go.
- Eat breakfast before you go: either in your hotel (where most offer free breakfast), fast food, or at home, if you eat before you enter the park you already start saving.
- Eat lunch during an out of the park break: bring a cooler, put your lunch in it, and go to your car during lunch to give kids naps and eat your packed lunch.
- Eat dinner out of the park: the food may not be as good, but if you take another break at dinner you can find all kinds of food for cheap around the park.
- If you must eat at the park, buy snacks and other foods at the vendors not at restaurants. You may not get as much food, but it will be cheaper.
Disney Dining: Money Saving Tips